Saturday 19 November 2011

#025 GAD BA1 P1: Board Game - The Final Push

It's taken a while, but we made the last push today to finalize the game board project. There were a few problems here and there, mostly to do with pixelation of the graphics designed by some of our groups members. The previous night I had enquired about the graphics for the board game box and the cards being used, I noticed that the quality of the graphics was not suitable for printing, so working with the original designs I completely overhauled them with high definition graphics and re-created the design made by the original designers.




On the Thursday, very tired after being up till 5am sorting out the graphics, me and Samantha went to the printing department to get the board and box printed. With the prints submitted and in queue for the printer, there wasn't much else we could do until the box had been printed so we called it a day. The following day myself and Christina met up in the morning to go and get the final parts printed as well as creating the box for the board game. We got all the cards printed as well as constructing the top and bottom box;  I'd say we spent a good 5-6 hours in the printing department to get all the components together for the final board game. Unfortunately we had to leave the build at about 5:30pm, as it was closing, so we headed home to Christina's house to carry on with the work. I began to stick the box together while Christina cut out the cards, which I soon joined her while the glue for the box was drying.


I am fairly happy with the end results; we have a good game with working game mechanics and rules mixed with a interactive game board that will defiantly appeal to the age range we decided on. Christina Sheehy, my partner in crime, defiantly deserves a massive thank you as she has put a lot of time and effort in to making this project a success. So, with that, thank you Christina!

Over and out...

No comments:

Post a Comment