Friday 17 February 2012

#042 GAD BA2 - P1: Animation Assignment

The next stage to the animation assignment is the introduction to the character rig that we will be using for the animation cycles (walking, running and jumping). We were shown a few animation videos as well as some mini video tutorials as well as given links to information on animating the rigged model. Below are three video examples of a walk, a run, and a jump with the Moom character rig that we will be using.

Walking Animation Cycle:

Running Animation Cycle:

Jumping Animation Cycle:


First, we were introduced to the rig and were shown how to move it about. The rig was fairly easy to use and pretty self explanatory so I had no problem thinking about how I could animate it. From previous experience I knew that it is common to use 9 poses (8 different poses and a duplicate) so I knew that I would need to use 9 key frames. I started the walk cycle in the tutorial and got the basics down (leg, arm, hip, shoulder and head movement) but forgot to put it on a USB stick to work on at home. When I returned to the walk animation later that day I started from scratch and actually improved on what my previous animation had looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment