Monday 19 March 2012

#054 GAD BA3 - P1: Decisions continued.

I had a bit of time after a lecutre to do a quick mock up of the type of door that I would choose to do if I were to pick Battlefield 3 as my game choice. Below are the sketches and their views.

Front Profile



Side Profile

Top Profile




Iso - 3/4 Profile
BF3 is mainly based on real world locations, because of this it is seriously limited to how extreme the designs can be. Command & Conquer on the other hand is not based on real life and can have as extreme designs as it wants while still keeping the designs within the limits of the game. For this reason I have decided to choose Command & Conquer as my game choice, as it allows me to create a much more complex design.

I know I didn't spend as much time working on the doorway for BF3 as I did for the vault for Command & Conquer and to be completely honest, I was not as engaged in it as I was while designing the vault door. I just think that the limitations of keeping the design within the parisian architecture style a cap on my design abilities. It just shows that exploring other games other than my initial choice was a good idea, as BF3 was my original choice, but now because of this process I have decided that I will use Command & Conquer as my game reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment