Saturday 22 October 2011

#008 GAD BA1 P1: Board Game - Galactic Control

The board electronics that I ordered arrived so I focused more on the electronical side of things today. It was not a small task, considering I had to strip, crimp and fasten 120 wires/240 ends. Normally I would use an automatic wire stripper, however the particular wire I was using was only a 0.6mm multi-strand cable as opposed to a solid core cable, automatic wire strippers sometimes damage these more delicate wires. My reason for choosing a multi-strand cable was that solid core wire is not so flexible and multi-strand cable allows a more consistent currency to run through it.

Here is an image of the LED's and Switches wired and ready to be used:

I soldered on the wires and used masking tape to keep the contacts separated from each other.


Here is an image of the LED's and Switches attached to each other:

Once again I soldered the joins together but this time I used Blue-tack to protect the edges as I found it difficult to wrap the masking tape around the contacts with the negative wires already in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment