Friday 28 October 2011

#013 GAD BA1 P1: Board Game - Game Testing

With the control boxes completed, Christina and myself tested the game along with my house mates Jasmine Gaze and Anton Hjertstedt. We played 3 games in total which lasted 16 minutes, 13 minutes and 5 minutes. The first game was the longest as Jasmine and Anton had to get used to the rules but the second game was much more interesting.




My personal preference of playing is an all out offensive, using a combination of mines and shields. Christina took a more defensive approach (knowing that I favoured the mines) and Jasmine and Anton chose a pretty well balanced set of weapons. The first game I played down my mines and set a trap for Christina, which unfortunately failed and ended up in me dying myself. Anton and Jasmin weren't doing much fighting, instead they focused on racing around the board to win the game by speed. The winner of the first game was Anton.

The second game Jasmin began to fight with Anton, while once again I set a trap which again... failed and ended in my demise. However I had sufficiently weakened Christina this time to allow Anton to take her last life point. Through a fortunate Star Card, Jasmine managed to reach her home planet first which won her the game.

The last game, the quickest, started off pretty much the same as the second. However, Christina picked up a Star Card when she reached her first planet which reversed the board direction. She won the game in just two more turns and all life points in tact.


From the 3 games I noticed that each player had their own style and technique. Some raced to get to their star first while attacking others, others tried to kill their enemy before they could reach their home planet and some played a defensive game, moving fast but using as many shields as possible.

Later on we will try to play with 6 players and see if the results change.

No comments:

Post a Comment