Tuesday 6 December 2011

#033 GAD BA1 P4: 3D Projection Mapping - Part 3

Unfortunately for a few days I was stuck in bed due to some prat at a local Chinese not being able to cook properly... I was still able to work on my 3D model, but much less efficiently thanks to the lack of a computer mouse and constant vomiting.

So here it is:


Although the model is not 100% accurate, I am fairly confident that it will be a fairly close match dimension wise. I used the photographs that Kai Shepherd took as a comparison. I counted the amount of bricks (which are a standard size of 225mm long and 75mm tall with a 5mm joint allowance on each side for mortar) and got the basic dimensions for the building, which I then drew up in rough. I then began on the detail using standard sizes for the era that this building was constructed (apart from the windows) and filled in more detail such as the arches and outcoves. I then used the close up pictures to design the windows, counting bricks for a rough size of the window frame and then dividing it up by the amount of windows with the allowance for the window frames.

Here is the 2D front face I will use for the animation concept designs:

No comments:

Post a Comment