Friday 11 May 2012

#072 GAD BA3 - P2: Bump Mapping

While bump mapping was not necessary, I thought I would take a crack at it (in the easiest way). I watched a short video on the basic bump mapping using white, grey and black which gave me the basic knowledge (shown below).

Maya: Basics of Bump Mapping:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5MGaoQ9JSI

From my understanding, if you have a neutral background (grey), then any areas in white are pulled out and any area in black is pushed in. I know that there are much better ways of doing it using Mudbox, but for the sake of showing that I understand the basics of bump mapping I will just use Photoshop. Results are shown below:

Door Pieces: Texture and Bump Map Images

Geared Bolt: Texture and Bump Map Images
Main Door Piece: Texture and Bump Map Images

Tunnel Piece: Texture and Bump Map Images
Tunnel Props: Texture and Bump Map Images

No comments:

Post a Comment